With the New Year almost upon us, many of us experience a time of reflection. We find ourselves assessing where we are in life, where we had hoped to be, and running through new resolutions for the year ahead.
Creating a rigid list of ‘resolutions’ can often cause disappointment and a feeling of failure if we feel that we haven’t achieved exactly what we set out to do. Strict rules don’t allow for things that happen in our lives that are out of our control.
I prefer to write a letter to myself. You could include goals, ambitions, nourishing ideas, things that you might want to focus on… think of it as a love letter to yourself.
Here are my top tips for a fabulous 2020:
- Practice gratitude: think about all the things that you are grateful for right now. You could write these on small pieces of paper and put them in a jar. Pick one out if you need a pick me up.
- Remember that YOU have the power to control the course of your life. Believe that you can achieve what you want, and that you deserve to be happy.
- Protect your wellbeing: take the time to rest when you need it and if you have the opportunity to do so. Don’t take on everything. Ask for support when you need it.
- SLEEP! Try to get the best sleep that you can. Sleep effects every function of the body. If you are experiencing broken sleep then do your level best to go to bed early, and if possible, take short naps during the day. It all counts!
- Get outside… natural light does absolute wonders for us and we really don’t get enough in the UK. Fresh air and moving our bodies can really change our mindsets too.
Of course, sleep is close to my heart. I believe it is the foundation for health and happiness. If you want to improve the sleep of your little one and your whole family, then don’t be afraid to tackle it. You can always make improvements.
Wishing you all a healthy and happy 2020!